Friday, December 12, 2008

New plans

What you see here (why the hell is it typing a link?)

is the original track plan for my Great Falls layout... but I started to grow unhappy with it and stopped liking the operational abilities of it... so it's time to move on.

That and I convinced the wife to let me take the door off the room, so that gives me a few more square feet of construction room! :)











The new plan... wtf?

is what you see here...

it's a double decker, with the first image being the top layer. Think of this as a scenic run along the Pacific Ocean coming outa the rocky mountains...

So the track won't be as straight as you see it, but will curve along the beach front. Should be a really cool scene!




....


And this is the bottom section. Terminal is as constructed so far... I can't really change it now... but the rest is all new! The lower left section is a return loop as this layout is now a point to point style with two terminals. There will be a small lumber yard inside the loop.

The other side of the layout is a nice branch line with the mainline run. The mainline will actually pass underneath the branchline into the helix which will take the train up 16 inches to the top layer.

I'm pretty excited about this... not only should it be 100x easier to construct that of the first plan, but it should also be more entertaining to operate. Sure it does not have a few of the things I wanted to incorperate... but thats compromise I guess...

No comments: