Friday, December 12, 2008

Canadian National Mountain U-1-F Class


Conversion of my Bachmann Light Mountain locomotive with vandy tender has started.

First things first, I believe the color is off... True Line Trains Olive is the color I used here...which should be correct but does not seem to be bright enough. So I'll be checking into that PDQ.

The other issue I'm having is that the tender is FRAKING HUGE compared to the prototype... and will be a royal pain in the ass to shorten to the proper size. But that's okay. I'm building this for me. :)

The side rails are made from ting styrene, as is the backing for the cab... which is not completed yet.

But for a first attempt at kitbashing I'm actually quite pleased with my progress. It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. The cone is the next step...which I still don't know what I'm gonna do...

No comments: