Wednesday, May 14, 2008

How long does it take to build a mountain


how long did it really take one to build a mountain?

According to biblical texts less than a day for God to form the scenery of our planet.

According to 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy' it took thousands of men to build the planet...but I can't remember how long it took.

According o me...well it has taken me aprox 10 hours to build what you see in the picture to the right.

Playing 'God' is actually pretty easy, and has been pretty fun. In fact building these mountains has been one of the most enjoyable parts of my layout so far, and a hell of a lot cheaper than I expected. I still have a lot to learn about this, but I think I've done pretty good so far.

Most of the mountain range has been completed at this time, there is very little to be added on here, and most of which is not visible in the photo. Just stuff to let to the scenery flow a bit easier.

The one thing that really crippled me with the scenery is how I didn't plan for mountains to take up as much room as I did, and now I have to alter the track plan a bit. I also need to get my building kit for the primary brewery facility that will be placed in this layout....as I can still modify how the mountains are at this time.

However I also don't want to put the structure up until I paint the mountains up.

No comments: