Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bad time to walk into the hobby shop

So I've had a Bachmann Consolidation on hold now at my fav hobby shop for about a week. Yesterday I went in with the plan of taking it off hold and aquiring an F3A and putting an F3B on hold.

But when I arrived I was notified my orders from 4 months ago finally came in! So now I'm working the budget around to get even more for my layout. This will most likely be one of my last acquisitions for a pretty long time. All I need now is a few more cabooses, some logging cars, and a few more coaches.

So heres' the up and coming rundown:
Intermountain F3A CNR 54' scheme
Intermountain F3B CNR 54' scheme
Walthers Proto-2000 Berkshire (to be decaled for CPR)
Concor Baggage Car CNR 54' scheme (microtrains trucks needed)
Concor Passenger Coaches CNR 54' scheme (x2) (microtrains trucks needed)

So what will be left for the acquistions will be:
set of four-five logging cars
a few CNR/CPR cabooses
a couple more Concor CNR 54' scheme passenger cars. Probabably dining, sleepers
A CPR Pacific
CPR diesel of some kind.
CPR concor passenger cars


My layout is currently pretty full. But I'm moving soon and the layout is pretty much being put on hold for now. I don't want to spend anymore money on landscaping as it'll all go in the garbage before winter holidays anyways.

The new layout will be taking up a small bedroom, so the layout will be much larger than the small 4x8 plan I have setup now. Hopefuly I'll be able to utelize most of this motive power and rolling stock!

No comments: